Tiny OceanPuppetry in an Aquarium
Two girls play in the water, making up stories and adventures about the tiny ocean they have created where anything can happen.
A little silver fish and a little red fish set out on a journey. Will they discover the treasure? Will they become friends?
An exciting adventure, comically and magically set in an awe-inspiring and tempestuous ocean.
2 actresses, 5 aquariums, 62 fish, loads of water, with one hidden treasure and 100 little surprises.
- The play won Honorable Mention award at the 2016 Haifa International Children's Theater Festival
- Israel Children Theater Awards 2017, best Interdisciplinary Play.
From the reviews
Liat Shabtai and Ma’ayan Reznik have produced a magical and beautiful show that takes place under the sea. With simple, compelling grace, they create an underwater world within an aquarium, bringing sea creatures to life … dancing before an audience astounded by the magic taking place on stage. This is wonderful, entertaining and creative puppet and object theater, with spectacular visuals so beautiful they moved us to tears
Nurit Asayag, Achbar Ha’Ir online
The Magical Theater prize goes to “Small Sea,” an exceptional puppet show created by Liat Shabtai and Ma’ayan Reznik. … The focus is on the original and amazing visual work they create using three aquariums and scraps of fabric attached to sticks…
Shai Bar Yaakov, Yediot Ahronoth‘Small Sea’ … contains all the magic that theater can conjure up for young children and adults. Three aquariums become an ocean with the help of Liat Shabtai and Maayan Reznik, the wonderful creators and performers. A fan creates a storm while colorful pieces of fabric become fish and sea creatures of all shapes, colors and sizes. There are even chocolate coins in a treasure chest. The entire story takes place under water… This is not just another show but a magical experience, a journey into a wonderful legend.
Meirav Yudilevitch, Ynet
Participated in the following festivals
- Puppet Fair, Sofia Bulgaria
- WELT INS ZELT, Leipzig Germany
- Izmir International Puppet Days, Turkey
- BUSAN INTERNATIONAL PERFORMING ARTS FESTIVAL, South Korea
- KinderKinder Festival, Hamburg, Germany
- 26th International Puppet Theatre Festival Wels, Austria
- Fantasima Festival, Lienz, Austria
- The International Festival of Puppet Theater, Jerusalem
- Gavroche, Moscow, Russia
- Haifa International Festival of Children's Theater
- Jerusalem Puppet Festival
Created by Liat Shabtai & Maayan Resnick
Writing, Concept and Development: Liat Shabtai
manipulation, direction and design:
Liat Shabtai & Maayan Resnick
Acting: Liat Shabtai, Maayan Resnick, Rotem Goldenberg
Artistic Advisor: Marit Ben Israel
Music, sound editing and lighting: Dan Karger
Text: Tzipor Frumkin
Machine: Tamir Perry
Production: The Train Theater
- Israeli Lottery Council for the Arts
- Haifa International Children’s Theater Festival