Story theater with Galia
Galia puts on a little play, creating an intimate theater experience with objects and puppets. She presents a number of stories on the same topic with an emphasis on the visual.
Stories for children ages 2-4
- A Tale of a Carrot
- Shushu and the Magic Hat
- Duck Stories
- Hey Elephant, Where Are You Hiding?
- A Puppy, Soup and a Bone
- The Spoiled Lion Only Loves Soup
- Puppy With a Spot On His Back
Stories for children ages 4 and up
- The Fisherman and the Golden Fish A unique version of the tale of the fisherman and the golden fish, using a technique whereby the plot moves forward via paper folding. Surprising transitions add a new layer to the familiar story.
- The Paper Crane A paper-folding story based on a Chinese folk tale. Yang owns a thriving restaurant, but ever since they built a new road, no one comes anymore. One day, a poor stranger appears. Yang feeds him generously, and in return the stranger gives him a gift that changes his luck – a magical paper bird. A poetic tale about a crane that comes to life through paper folding, inspired by the art of origami.
- The Chinese Cube Chinese stories emerge from a cube which folds, splits, divides and creates new forms and images, inspired by Chinese culture and art. The cube tells of little boy with a “green thumb" and a wise old emperor, the power of painting and skilled Chinese brothers whose exceptional talents end up saving their lives.
- Hey, Elephant Small Object Theater made up of wooden puzzle pieces that are taken apart and put together
- The Three Little Pigs A loose adaptation of the classic tale through the technique of object theater, in which children are active partners in the plot’s progression
- A Mouse in the House Stories about mouse neighbors and prejudices, using puppets, props and lots of mice
- The Secret in the Matchbox Story theater with props and the puppet, Shushu the Cat, based on the book by Val Willis
- Giant Stories by David L. Harrison Story time with the puppet Bravo and props
- Bear Stories, based on the stories of illustrator Eric Carle.
Participation in festivals
- International Festival of Puppet Theater, Jerusalem
- International Festival of Puppet Theater and Film, Holon
- International Puppet Theater Festival, Dordrecht, Netherlands
Adaption, design, acting and manipulation: Galia Levy Grad
Ages 2-4: 30 minutes
Ages 4 and up: 45 minutes