Puppeteer, actor and musician
Ornan combines a variety of puppet manipulation methods, like marionettes, Muppets, tabletop puppets and more.
His theater shows have won grants by The Council for Culture and the Arts of Mifal Hapayis, the Rabinovitz Foundation for Arts and The Train Theater.
A graduate of the "Hamama" program in the Train Theater, and the puppet design program in the School of Puppetry of the Puppet Theater Center in Holon.
His recent works include: Tailor Made (The Train Theater), King Pilon I, as part of the International Festival of Puppet Theater in Holon, Pinocchio – which combines video art and puppetry, and Why Do The Fish Stay Silent in the International Festival of Puppet Theater in Jerusalem.
Ornan composes, plays and arranges music and soundtracks for theater.
He works in TV and commercials as a puppet operator, and participated in a number of shows in the Israeli Youth Theater, Comicon Theater and Hakibbutz Theater.
Awards for the show Tailor Made
- "Best Children's Show". The World Puppet Carnival in Kazakhstan IV in 2015
- Interdisciplinary Show of the Year award and Citation for exceptional, surprising and original puppet design. Habama awards for children's theater in 2014.
- International Festival of Puppet Theater in Jerusalem 2013, 2014, 2015.
- World Puppet Carnival in Kazakhstan IV 2015
- International Festival of Puppet Theater in Kaohisung, Taiwan, 2015
- International Puppet Days, Turkey, 2015
- 6to Festival Internacional de Teatro de Titeres al Sur, Buenos Aires, Argentina 2015
- Titeremurcia, Festival Internacional de la Region de Murcia, Spain, 2015
- International Nomad Puppet Festival "Kovcheg" in Tomsk, Russia 2014